International Pairs are proud to announce that Northern Ireland have become the latest country to join International Pairs.
Thomas Hughes is the licensee for Northern Ireland International Pairs
International Pairs Northern Ireland now offers the golf clubs in Northern Ireland the opportunity to host qualifying events for their golfers.
Club golf in Northern Ireland is set for an exciting and innovative addition thanks to a new amateur golf company set up by Belfast man Thomas Hughes.
Hughes has formed Golf Am-NI, Northern Ireland’s first amateur golf events company, with the aim of providing an extra dimension to the local club game by adding a qualifying element to club competitions starting in March 2021.
The idea centres around turning four weekly tournaments at clubs across the country into qualifiers, with the winners of each event receiving an invitation to Golf Am-NI’s National Final. (International Pairs final)
“I’ve been trying to get into the golf sector for a while now, and I made a contact with some guys in South Africa who run a company out there called the International Pairs,” said Hughes of the idea.
“They’d been doing that for 28 years,
“Northern Ireland has nothing, and hasn’t had anything for a long time, outside of club competitions for club golfers, so I’m excited to try and give every club member a chance to play competitive golf.”
WHAT IS THE INTERNATIONAL PAIRS?
International Pairs is a worldwide golf competition for amateur club golfers with a recognized golf handicap and is arguably the World’s largest amateur pairs golf competition.
International Pairs are specifically aimed and designed to give the amateur, handicap clubs and public handicap-registered golfers, the possible opportunity to play at a higher level against golfers of other countries in exciting tournament conditions.
Golfers at Invited clubs are only 2 steps away from qualifying to represent their club and country at the International Pairs World Final in Portugal in 2021, all expenses paid.
Step one: Qualify through your local club to secure your place in the Northern Ireland finals. All expenses paid
Step two: Qualify at the Northern Ireland finals to represent your club and country at the International Pairs World Finals in Portugal in 2021. All expenses paid.
The International Pairs have a 21 year history as a golf competition that offers the club golfer the opportunity to compete on a world stage against golfers from all over the world.
BACKGROUND TO THE INTERNATIONAL PAIRS
Conceived in the UK in 1998 as a golf tournament to celebrate the millennium, the International Pairs is now firmly established as a major event in the diaries of many golf clubs worldwide.
Thousands of golfers take part each year and the tournament is continuing to expand internationally with new countries becoming involved on a regular basis.
The International Pairs World Final Series is an International Golf Tournament, played globally. Since its inception more than 20 years ago, more than a million amateur golfers from over 30 countries have enjoyed competing in this exciting, friendly and hugely prestigious event.
Initially conceived in the UK as national club competition, the event attracted wide interest from Europe and beyond. With a solid management team working to improve the event’s credentials, it was important to stage the world finals at the best of golf venues. International Pairs is an event created for amateur/club registered golfers by golfers and designed to deliver a thrilling climax for our participants worldwide. International Pairs continues to attract the media’s attention every year.
- Several qualifying events are run by the clubs concurrent with their club competitions.
- Players pay a once off additional fee to play in the qualifying event at the club.
- A club will hold 4 qualifying events.
- Winners from these qualifying events go through to the International Pairs Northern Ireland Country final. All expenses paid!
- Winners of The International Pairs Northern Ireland Final will go through to the World Finals.
The World Finals:
- Flights and transport from Northern Ireland to the venue in Portugal are covered.
- For the players it is based on 2 people sharing.
- Accommodation for 4 nights. including breakfast.
- Practice round day after published arrival, competition round 1 and competition round 2.
- Dinner and official functions on 4 evenings with cocktails, entertainment and limited specified beverages.
- Lunch after golf at the facilities provided by the club.
- 1 Tournament Golf shirt per person.
- Gift pack upon arrival.
- Range balls on each day as specified within the tournament conditions.
- Pull cart for 3 rounds